Tuesday 18 February 2014

Y5 school trip to Miri

I had a very excited boy this morning, with no trouble getting out of bed whatsoever! Reason being, today was the day his year group was going off on a 3 day/2 night school trip to Miri in Malaysia - staying at the Borneo Tropical Rainforest Resort.

We packed his bag together yesterday, carefully ticking off each item needed and making sure it was all there. They needed a little bit of everything, they are going on a night walk tonight, through the jungle; they are doing some team building exercises tomorrow, with obstacle courses, rapelling and rifer rafting amongst other things; and they might even be going to a water park.

I went to the information meeting before Christmas, and we saw a little movie from last years' Y5 trip to the same place. It looked absolutely amazing, I'm sure they will have a fabulous time and lots and lots of fun.


I'm sure Lucas and his friends will have a blast!


It was all very exciting getting on the bus. A few children had a few tears when it was time to say goodbye. For some of them this will be their very first time spending overnights away from their parents. Lucas did give me some really big hugs too, got on the bus, then got off again to give me another one... But I'm sure he will enjoy himself immensely, and I'm so glad he got to do this trip with his friends, before we leave.


And off they went! I'm sure they stopped waiving long before us parents did..! :)

No comments: